Permanent Residency Card Renewal on Humanitarian and Compassionate Grounds

Permanent Residency Card Renewal Question


I have applied for my Permanent Residency Card Renewal but I do not have the required 2 years of Canadian residence. Please help me to apply on compassionate grounds as my wife and two children meet the requirements and I have also applied for Canadian citizenship and I work and study in Canada.

I had to go back to my home country as my in laws are old and needed medical attention due to heart problems. I also have property in Mississauga.


Applying for Permanent Residency Card Renewal

In cases where someone does not meet the residency requirements for Permanent Residency Card Renewal, you can still apply for a renewal on the basis of humanitarian and compassionate grounds. Since it seems your absence from Canada was due to your care needed for your relatives medical reasons, you may have a case. However, you should document your case by getting a letter from your relatives’ doctors confirming their condition and their need for care.

Oops! We could not locate your form.

Any information provided here does not constitute legal advice and is intended for general information only. Should you require legal advise, you are encouraged to contact a lawyer directly. All blog postings are public and are not subject to solicitor/client confidentially. Case results depend on a variety of factors unique to each case, and case results do not guarantee or predict a similar result in any further case undertaken by the lawyer.

Tags: canadian permanent compassionate grounds green card humanitarian ground green card on humanitarian grounds green card through humanitarian grounds Humanitarian and compassionate grounds humanitarian and compassionate grounds letter Humanitarian and compassionate grounds residence Permanent Residency Card Renewal Permanent resident card renewal PR Card Office In Mississauga PR Card renewal pr card renewal mississauga pr renewal problems residency issue PR Card

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the American Bar Association. He is frequently called upon to appear in the media to discuss Canadian and US immigration issues effecting North Americans. He has been interviewed by Canada AM, CTV, Canada News Net, the Globe and Mail and the Toronto Star and has given lectures on immigration topics overseas.

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply