TRP Temporary Resident Visa Refused at the Canadian Consulate: I have a Fishing Trip!

I have an o.w.i that I received little over 2 years ago.  I have a fishing trip planed for August 28th to Canada (I live in the U.S) I applied for the TRP and that was a lot of leg work. Well it took month to get  a reply from the Canadian Consulate only to find out response from them that they denied me. I already have my desposit made for the trip that is non-refundable. I dont know what to do. It is a 10 hour drive to the border so I dont wont to get all the way up there and get turned away. Can I get any help from anyone as I do not know what to do? I am running out of time. Any help would be great. Thank You.


If you are a US Citizen you can apply for a TRP right at the Canada/US Border. There is always a risk of refusal again however. Without knowing what documents you submitted to the Consulate I am unable to assess why your application for a TRP was refused. TRPs are difficult cases because they involve criminality so they must be properly prepared. If your application is approved at the border then you will be able to enter Canada and enjoy that fishing trip.

Any information provided here does not constitute legal advice and is intended for general information only. Should you require legal advise, you are encouraged to contact a lawyer directly. All blog postings are public and are not subject to solicitor/client confidentially. Case results depend on a variety of factors unique to each case, and case results do not guarantee or predict a similar result in any further case undertaken by the lawyer.

Tags: canada trp application canadian embassy temporary resident visa canadian embassy trp CANADIAN trp I applied for a trp obtaining a trp canada obtaining a trp for canada refused canadian temporary resident temporary resident visa denied Temporary Resident Visa denied entry Temporary Resident Visa.refused trp application canada trp application guide canada trp at canadian consulate trp canada application trp visa canada who should apply trp canada

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the American Bar Association. He is frequently called upon to appear in the media to discuss Canadian and US immigration issues effecting North Americans. He has been interviewed by Canada AM, CTV, Canada News Net, the Globe and Mail and the Toronto Star and has given lectures on immigration topics overseas.

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply