My Husband was Deported from Canada. How can he come back?

My husband, a Mexican citizen, was refused for refugee protection and he appealed for the federal court for revision. His  lawer said it was refused but he never got a letter from CIC. He waited for the PRRA but he never got it. (HIs parents were here for the same reason under the same case but they got the PRRA and the removal order and they left Canada). My husband was expecting to get the removal order but he never did. My husband went to CIC office and an immigration officer told him to leave voluntarily before getting the removal order. My husband is now in Mexico, but he wants to come back with me. I hold a study permit  (I am not a refugee claimant) and I applied for permanent residence and included my husband. The immigration officer told him that he needs to ask for a Canadian Pardon. We dont know what to do, onr how to do it. Now, as Mexicans we need to ask for a temporary resident visa. This complicates things. We dont know if we can trust a lawyer now because we already went to two and we think they did not do a very good job.


As a failed refugee claimant, your husband has been deemed deported and will require what is called an “Authorization to Return to Canada” (ARC). Since you are applying for Canadian permanent residence and have listed him as a dependent husband, he would be eligible to accompany you to Canada subject to criminal and medical checks. However, because of his immigration history, he will require an approved ARC as well.

Any information provided here does not constitute legal advice and is intended for general information only. Should you require legal advise, you are encouraged to contact a lawyer directly. All blog postings are public and are not subject to solicitor/client confidentially. Case results depend on a variety of factors unique to each case, and case results do not guarantee or predict a similar result in any further case undertaken by the lawyer.

Tags: arc canada immigration authorization to return to canada can deported people come back canada deports u.s. citizen canada visa husband and wife Canadian deported from USA candand deported Vietnamese deportation law come back deported deported from canada deported from usa in canada deported from usa to canada deported to canada deportees come back deportees from canada filipinos deported from canada get deported from canada getting deported for cananda immigration husband deported my husband was deported previously deported visitor to canada prra canada husband refugee deported from canada

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the American Bar Association. He is frequently called upon to appear in the media to discuss Canadian and US immigration issues effecting North Americans. He has been interviewed by Canada AM, CTV, Canada News Net, the Globe and Mail and the Toronto Star and has given lectures on immigration topics overseas.

4 Responses to “My Husband was Deported from Canada. How can he come back?”