I’ve Lost My PR Card, What Should I Do?

PR Card is an extremely important identification document that allows you to enter and leave Canada. Without it, you could experience a variety of serious problems, including being unable to travel in and out of Canada. Your PR Card is your official, government-recognized proof that you are a permanent resident living in Canada.

What to do when you lose your PR Card

If your PR Card is stolen or you lose your PR Card, you can contact us urgently.

You will also have to make an application to obtain a new PR Card. Your new application must be accurate and error free, and you must ensure that you don’t forget to include the proper forms and documentation with your new PR Card application – otherwise you might find your application is refused and the process will take that much longer.

For more information on lost PR Cards, click here. For help creating your application to replace a lost PR Card, contact us using the form on the right.


Any information provided here does not constitute legal advice and is intended for general information only. Should you require legal advise, you are encouraged to contact a lawyer directly. All blog postings are public and are not subject to solicitor/client confidentially. Case results depend on a variety of factors unique to each case, and case results do not guarantee or predict a similar result in any further case undertaken by the lawyer.

Tags: if i lost my pr card Lost PR Card Permanent Resident Card PR Card Replacement Permanent Resident Card replacement PR Card

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the American Bar Association. He is frequently called upon to appear in the media to discuss Canadian and US immigration issues effecting North Americans. He has been interviewed by Canada AM, CTV, Canada News Net, the Globe and Mail and the Toronto Star and has given lectures on immigration topics overseas.

One Response to “I’ve Lost My PR Card, What Should I Do?”