How to Get A Temporary Resident Permit In Canada

How to Get A Temporary Resident Permit In Canada

Temporary Resident Status allows you to visit, work or study in Canada. A Temporary Resident Permit in Canada is also called a visitor’s visa, and can be applied for at the border or port of entry. Temporary Resident Permit Canada

But just because you can apply for a Temporary Resident Permit at the Canadian border or port of entry, doesn’t mean it’s that easy to get one. You have to satisfy all of the requirements for a Temporary Resident Permit, otherwise you could face being turned away at the border – a serious inconvenience.

Keep in mind that in order to work in Canada, you’ll need a Work Permit. To study in Canada, you’ll need a Study Permit.

If you are visiting Canada and are on the list of designated countries, you will need a Temporary Resident Permit. The list of designated countries is available here.

How to Get A Temporary Resident Permit In Canada

Whether or not you are able to obtain a Temporary Resident Permit in Canada depends on the individual immigration officer at the border. That’s why all of your documentation and your application must be error and omission free – you don’t want to be denied and have turn around at the border.

A licensed immigration lawyer can help you make sure that your application and documentation are all filled out properly and in order to ensure you have the best chance of success when applying for a Temporary Resident Permit in Canada.

Any information provided here does not constitute legal advice and is intended for general information only. Should you require legal advise, you are encouraged to contact a lawyer directly. All blog postings are public and are not subject to solicitor/client confidentially. Case results depend on a variety of factors unique to each case, and case results do not guarantee or predict a similar result in any further case undertaken by the lawyer.

Tags: How To Get A Temporary Resident Visa Temporary Resident Permit Temporary Resident Visa

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the American Bar Association. He is frequently called upon to appear in the media to discuss Canadian and US immigration issues effecting North Americans. He has been interviewed by Canada AM, CTV, Canada News Net, the Globe and Mail and the Toronto Star and has given lectures on immigration topics overseas.

2 Responses to “How to Get A Temporary Resident Permit In Canada”