Reapplying After A Canadian Tourist Visa is Rejected

Canadian tourist visas can be very difficult to get. If you apply for one, you could find that your application has been rejected. What can you do? 

Reapplying after any Canadian visa denial is always an option. Don’t forget this, even though being denied for a Canadian visa can be very frustrating and upsetting. One of your options for dealing with a Canadian visa denial is reapplying, but you could also appeal.

Should I reapply or appeal for a denied tourist visa?

Whether you should choose to reapply for a Canadian tourist visa or go ahead with the appeals process depends on your personal situation. In addition, it really spends on why your Canadian visa application was denied in the first place. For example, do you feel the visa officer processing your case make an error in denying your application, and there wasn’t a mistake in the application on your own part? If this is the case, you should appeal your Canadian tourist visa application denial to the Federal Court of Canada.

Note that this is a very difficult process and you will benefit greatly by having a licensed immigration lawyer on your side when you need to make effective arguments on your behalf in court.

If you have made a mistake on your original application, you could reapply with the proper information on the application. For example, you may have made a mistake on your initial application or forgotten to include a piece of the important supporting documentation necessary for the application be accepted such as proof of ties to your home country and proof that you can support yourself while in Canada. You will have to explain on your application why you all of a sudden have new information that can get you accepted.

If you reapply for a tourist visa on your own, you may be denied the same as you were before. Make sure you discuss your options with a licensed immigration lawyer and have your case completely assessed.

Any information provided here does not constitute legal advice and is intended for general information only. Should you require legal advise, you are encouraged to contact a lawyer directly. All blog postings are public and are not subject to solicitor/client confidentially. Case results depend on a variety of factors unique to each case, and case results do not guarantee or predict a similar result in any further case undertaken by the lawyer.

Tags: Canadian Tourist Visa Temporary Resident Permit visitor visa

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the American Bar Association. He is frequently called upon to appear in the media to discuss Canadian and US immigration issues effecting North Americans. He has been interviewed by Canada AM, CTV, Canada News Net, the Globe and Mail and the Toronto Star and has given lectures on immigration topics overseas.

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply