United States Immigration Lawyers in Toronto

United States immigration and United States work visas are appealing to many Canadians. Even in an economy that isn’t fully recovered, many skilled Canadians are needed to work in the United States and the United States presents a great opportunity for Canadians who want to live there. Green Card Permanent Residence for USA

Options for immigrating to or working in the United States

When you want to work in the United States, you have to apply for a United States work visa. There are several different kinds of work visas for the United States, including the TN Visa that is exclusively for Canadian citizens. Some of these visas require specific types of occupations or skill levels, such as the TN Visa or the H1B visa. Other visas are not really related to the specific occupation, but are rather for Canadians (or other foreign nationals) being transferred to a United States office. There are also work visas available for people who want to start or invest in a United States business.

When you want to live in the United States, you have to apply for permanent residency (lawful green card holder status) in the United States. These applications are very different from work visa applications, and there are several different ways to obtain permanent residency in the United States, including having a family member or spouse sponsor you for permanent residency, as well as having an employer sponsor you for permanent residency.

No matter what type of path you choose to use to get to the United States, keep in mind that each has its own complexities and problems that may arise. There are also very different and very strict requirements necessary for all types of United States immigration applications.

United States Immigration and Visa Lawyers in Toronto

We are United States immigration and visa lawyers serving Toronto and the surrounding areas. If you want to work or study in the United States or you want to immigrate to the United States on a permanent basis, one of the options above may apply to you. However, it is vital that you discuss your options and determine if you’re eligible to immigrate to or obtain a visa for the United States. An immigration lawyer (or attorney for our American friends) is a vital component of the immigration process who will make sure your application has a fighting chance against the strict regulations and red tape set up to make it difficult for you.

Contact us at the telephone number above, or e-mail us using the form on the right!

Any information provided here does not constitute legal advice and is intended for general information only. Should you require legal advise, you are encouraged to contact a lawyer directly. All blog postings are public and are not subject to solicitor/client confidentially. Case results depend on a variety of factors unique to each case, and case results do not guarantee or predict a similar result in any further case undertaken by the lawyer.

Tags: Live in The United States Move to the United States from Canada us immigration lawyer

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the American Bar Association. He is frequently called upon to appear in the media to discuss Canadian and US immigration issues effecting North Americans. He has been interviewed by Canada AM, CTV, Canada News Net, the Globe and Mail and the Toronto Star and has given lectures on immigration topics overseas.

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply