What Are The Requirements For The Canadian Experience Class?

If you want to immigrate to Canada under the Canadian Experience Class, understand that there are several very specific requirements you must meet before you do so. This is a very popular program as it leads to permanent residency in Canada, and there are even more spots being allotted to the program next year.  canadian-immigration-niren-associates

Who is eligible for the Canadian Experience Class?

Those who are eligible for the Canadian Experience Class are international students or temporary foreign workers. They must be international students who have at least two years of post-secondary education within Canada, who are proficient in English or French, and who have a year of full-time Canadian work experience in specific skilled work categories – OR – temporary foreign workers who have at least two years of recent, which means within the last three years, full-time Canadian work experience in a specific skilled job category and language proficiency in English or French.

The work experience must be within the last three years, and the applicants must have come to Canada to work or study legally on a Canadian work permit or study permit. At the time of their application they need to have valid temporary status, and the language proficiency required must be “moderate”.

The Canadian Experience Class is a relatively new program compared to other Canadian immigration streams, and as such is is continually evolving. The government has made a number of changes to it since it began, and the government is expected to make even more changes to it in the future to make it better suited for both immigrants and Canada’s economy.

If you feel you are qualified to become a permanent resident in Canada under the Canadian Experience Class, please contact a licensed immigration lawyer as soon as possible. We can help you apply for this program, which is highly competitive.

Any information provided here does not constitute legal advice and is intended for general information only. Should you require legal advise, you are encouraged to contact a lawyer directly. All blog postings are public and are not subject to solicitor/client confidentially. Case results depend on a variety of factors unique to each case, and case results do not guarantee or predict a similar result in any further case undertaken by the lawyer.

Tags: Canadian Experience Class Canadian Experience Class Applications CEC Requirements

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the American Bar Association. He is frequently called upon to appear in the media to discuss Canadian and US immigration issues effecting North Americans. He has been interviewed by Canada AM, CTV, Canada News Net, the Globe and Mail and the Toronto Star and has given lectures on immigration topics overseas.

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply