Do You Know About The Working Holiday Visas for Canada?

If you want to travel to Canada in order to experience all that Canada has to offer on a temporary basis, it can be difficult to ensure you have enough money to do so in advance. Wouldn’t it be great if you could work in Canada while also working so you could earn enough money to fund your stay?

There is a way to do this, with the several different types of International Experience Canada programs available to foreign nationals who wish to visit Canada while also working or amassing Canadian work experience through internships. Screen Shot 2013-01-03 at 3.06.46 PM

International Experience Canada, or IEC Programs available to foreign nationals

There are several different programs available for people who want to obtain international experience in Canada, including:

International Co-Op Program: People who are citizens of certain countries may engage in co-op terms as interns for companies in Canada.

Working Holiday Visas: Those who wish to visit Canada on a working holiday visa may also obtain a temporary work permit, which allows the participant to live and work in Canada for around one year on average, although the length of stay could be more or less.

The Young Professionals Program: This program allows citizens of certain countries to work for a Canadian company and obtain work experience that can prove to be extremely valuable in the future.

There are very strict requirements for these programs, including that the participants are between the ages of 18 and 35 – although, sometimes there are restrictions and applicants need to be even younger than 35.

If you are interested in applying for these programs, contact our immigration law firm. We can help you determine if you meet the requirements for these programs, as well as help you get started in the application process.

Any information provided here does not constitute legal advice and is intended for general information only. Should you require legal advise, you are encouraged to contact a lawyer directly. All blog postings are public and are not subject to solicitor/client confidentially. Case results depend on a variety of factors unique to each case, and case results do not guarantee or predict a similar result in any further case undertaken by the lawyer.

Tags: Canadian Experience temporary work permit Working holiday visa working in canada

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the American Bar Association. He is frequently called upon to appear in the media to discuss Canadian and US immigration issues effecting North Americans. He has been interviewed by Canada AM, CTV, Canada News Net, the Globe and Mail and the Toronto Star and has given lectures on immigration topics overseas.

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply