J-1 Visas RSS feed for this section

How to Get a Work Visa for the US

Are you interested in getting a work visa for the US? Working in the United States appeals to many, but first you would need a work visa. It is generally easier for Canadians to obtain a work visa for the US than for citizens of other countries to get a work visa for the US. […]

2 Comments Continue Reading →

Nannies working in the US? J-1 Au Pair Program for US Caregivers

We have written extensively about the Canadian Live in Caregiver program for “nannies” wishing to work in Canada and eventually to apply for Canadian Permanent Residence. Below is some information about what the US has to offer for nannies, more frequently, called Au Pairs. J-1 Visa Au Pair The J-1 Au Pair is  a U.S. […]

Leave a comment Continue Reading →

I Overstayed my J-1 Visa. Can I return to the US?

What to do if you overstay your J-1 Visa? I overstayed my J1 visa (for 14 months) and was granted a voluntary departure in 2001. By that time I was a Chilean citizen. Now I am a Canadian citizen and have a good job in Toronto. I would like to go to the States for […]

Leave a comment Continue Reading →

J-1 Visas to the US: Educational and Cultural Exchange Visas

The J-1 visa is used by international visitors to enter the United States (U.S.) temporarily for educational or cultural exchange purposes as by the Exchange Visitor Program defined by the Mutual Educational and Cultural Exchange Act. Exchange Visitor program participants are expected to return to their respective home countries to utilize the skills that they […]

Leave a comment Continue Reading →